|the girl who loves a peanut butter and jam sandwich|
- homemade bread from Jon and Holly
- make homemade strawberry jam from her uncle's strawberries
- grind up our own peanuts
- throw a party to celebrate making our own sandwiches
- all the things above, plus:
- make the ingredients at the party
- "What is a sandwich? What's your favorite sandwich and why?"
- read about the history of sandwiches
- use a variety of breads, nuts, and toppings (kiwi, banana, pickle, apple, cinnamon, honey)
- plant ingredients together: strawberries, grains, nuts, etc.
- read a passage from a children's book that talks about the importance of and care put into food preparation, such as "Little House on the Prairie"
- "What have you learned about sandwiches today? Do you like a new kind of sandwich now?"
|the king who had one sandwich too many, and then another|